The setting of Baystation12 has several playable non-human species. To play as one of these species, you'll need to apply for a species whitelist – this can be done from the #applications channel on the server Discord.
To apply for a whitelist, make a thread in the applications channel titled with your Byond key and tagged with the list you are applying for. Copy the following questions in and answer below each.
- How long have you played on Bay?
- Why do you want to play the species?
- What do you know about the species?
- How do you feel this species differs from humanity?
- Provide a character concept
If you hit post character limits, save your application as a .txt file and embed it.
For any species-specific information when writing your app or making up a character, see below.
As a reminder, for job restrictions:
- Line Officers include: Commanding Officer (CO), Executive Officer (XO), Chief of Security (CoS), Chief Engineer (CE), Chief Science Officer (CSO), Chief Medical Officer (CMO), and Bridge Officer.
- Staff Officers include: Pathfinder, Physician and Medical Resident, Senior Researcher, Scientist, and Chaplain. Note that these roles only count as officers if they are in the EC or Fleet; a civilian Physician is not a Staff Officer.
|Species and Wiki Links||Maintainer||Role Restrictions|
Roleplay Guide ∙ Biology ∙ Castes ∙ Crime ∙ Culture ∙ Family and Education ∙ Language ∙ Military ∙ Politics and Economics
Agriculture ∙ Clans ∙ Cults ∙ Industry ∙ Life Cycle ∙ Military ∙ Timeline ∙ Yeosa'Unathi
Planets (Moghes ∙ Regions of Moghes ∙ Ouere)
|Nol4||Note: The Unathi whitelist covers both Unathi and Yeosa'Unathi. All restrictions that apply to Unathi also apply to Yeosa'Unathi.|
Giant Armoured Serpentid (GAS)
|Positronic (IPC)||Tomdroid||Allowed roles and branches depend on Generation:
|Vox||Eonoc||Can only play Shoal Scavenger Vessel roles and off-ship Antagonists.|
Tips for Applying
- Generally speaking, you should be active on the server for at least a month or so before applying for a whitelist. Maintainers usually want to see that you've stuck around for a while before giving out a whitelist.
- Read the wiki pages on the species you're applying for (see: above links). These are the best places to get basic background info on Baystation species.
- Maintainers are generally looking to see that you understood the general themes and concepts on the wiki, and that there's no big misconceptions – they don't want you to paraphrase the whole page (or pages).
- Read old species applications applications to see what Maintainers are (and aren't) looking for.
- The #applications channel on Discord keeps track of old approved and denied applications.
- The Baystation Forums are deprecated and no longer in use – do not post new applications here, as staff will not see them. However, you can still view additional archived Species Applications here.
- Ask the Species Maintainer clarifying questions over Discord. They don't bite!
|Guide for New Players ∙ Map of the SEV Torch ∙ Character Creation ∙ Roleplaying ∙ Controls ∙ User Interface ∙ Skills ∙ How to Sol Gov ∙ Paperwork|
|Alert Procedure ∙ General Regulations ∙ SCG Law ∙ Sol Code of Uniform Justice ∙ Standard Operating Procedure ∙ Uniform Guide ∙ Court Martial SOP|
|EVA and Internals ∙ Exploration ∙ Mining ∙ Ships ∙ Supply ∙ OFD|
|Chemistry ∙ Medicine ∙ Surgery|
|Atmospherics ∙ Computing ∙ Construction ∙ Hacking ∙ Robotics ∙ SMES Units ∙ Solars ∙ Supermatter ∙ Telecommunications ∙ R-UST|
|Anomalies ∙ Integrated Circuits ∙ Research and Development ∙ Xenoarchaeology ∙ Xenobiology ∙ Xenobotany|
|Combat ∙ Forensics|
|Cooking ∙ Drinks ∙ Hydroponics|
|Antagonist Uplinks ∙ Psionics|
|Appeals and Complaints ∙ Coding with NanoUI ∙ Server Moderation ∙ How to Apply: Moderator ∙ How to Apply: Species Apps ∙ Wiki Contribution|